We are past winter’s midway point, so now is the time to start planning your landscape project or new design. You can spring into action with this five-step plan:
- Dream – What does your dream landscape look like? A great landscape extends your living space to the outdoors. Think about your dream landscape’s “feel,” including amenities.
- Prepare – Next, get a lay of your land. What would you like to keep? What should be changed? What needs to go?
- Design– Now that you have set the stage for the design process, consider the big picture. Even if you are only working with one area at a time, design the entire space so that you have a cohesive landscape plan, not haphazardly placed plantings.
- Visualize – From inside your home, visualize how these plans would take shape. Gaze out your windows and see that soon-to-be beautified landscape. When done right, that view can truly be your home’s premier piece of artwork.
- Execute– Almost there! Having created your final design, you are ready to execute the plan and begin installation.
Feeling overwhelmed? Our full team of landscape designers and a landscape architect are ready to help transform your dreams into reality.
This installment of "Ask the Plant Expert" will be published in the February 10, 2021 edition of the Wednesday Journal of Oak Park and River Forest, the Forest Park Review and the Riverside-Brookfield Landmark.