Have you set your alarm for 11:15 a.m. on March 20th?
That’s when Winter makes way for Spring, although the time to start planning your landscape project or new design is right now. Here’s a five-step plan to make that happen:
- Create your wish list – What’s your dream landscape? A great landscape extends your living space into the outdoors. Identify the “feel” you seek in your landscape, such as amenities.
- Get the lay of the land – Walk around your property: what would you like to keep? What needs to be changed? What needs to go? This lays the groundwork for the design process.
- Design time – Look at the big picture and design the entire space, even if you are only working with one area at a time. Result: a cohesive landscape plan, not haphazard plantings in random locations.
- Visualize – From inside your home, visualize the plans when looking out your windows. A beautiful landscape, framed in a window, is the best kind of artwork for your home.
- Execute and implement – Once you have determined your final design, it’s time to execute the plan and begin installation!
If you need support navigating this process, our full team of landscape designers and a landscape architect can help transform your dreams into reality.
This installment of "Ask the Plant Expert" will be published in the February 7, 2018 edition of the Wednesday Journal of Oak Park and River Forest, the Forest Park Review and the Riverside-Brookfield Landmark.